Attendance is the biggest barrier to learning for any child and it is vitally important that all children attend school.
Children that attend school on a regular basis not only have the best chance in life, but have a better opportunity to achieve & succeed. Attendance is key to improving your child’s physical, social & emotional well being.
St Marie’s Catholic primary school boasted the highest average attendance rate in Kirkby during the last academic year of 2015 - 2016 at 96.8%
The national average attendance rate is currently 96.2% so as a school, St Marie's is way ahead. We wish this to continue into this new academic year, so there will still be rewards and prizes for the children as listed below.
Awards & Prizes
- The class with the best average attendance at the end of term will receive a pizza party. All children will be able to enjoy a pizza with their favourite toppings! Mmm
- The class with the best annual attendance rate will be take part in a fun filled bonanza day including ten pin bowling and a visit to an adventure playground.
- We have introduced hot spot days where children will have the chance to win educational gifts for their classes for continued excellent attendance.
- We will also continue with our half termly attendance celebration assemblies; Certificates, Raffle prizes for both children and parents.
- An ice cream party awaits the top attended class in September this term!
We fully appreciate the continued support from our parents & carers in playing a key role with our ever growing attendance rates.
We will continue updating our attendance display in school on a weekly basis to enable children to monitor their class weekly attendance.
CancelSave draft for laterSave