Giving and refusing to give and appreciating the cost of giving.
Read the Story about Sean and his brother and answer the key questions below.
SOME KEY QUESTIONS
- What and how does Sean give?
- Why do you think he cares for his brother?
- What do you think about Sean?
- What happens when Sean refuses to give? How do you think he feels?
- What makes you think that Sean appreciates the cost of his giving?
- Who do you know who gives generously of their time or is a carer? For whom do they do it and why?
- How do you feel when you give?
- How do you feel when you refuse to give? Why do you refuse?
- What can the cost of giving be?
- Investigate words which are connected with giving – for example, sacrifice, selfless, unselfish, courageous, brave, strong, kind, generous, donation and gift. Collect as many words as you can. Discover the words which mean the opposite of your words. Choose one ‘giving’ word and write a poem which conveys the meaning to the life of a Christian.