Good morning nursery children!
I hope you have all had a nice week. Have a go of the activities below.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Miss Price x
- Practise saying and writing some of the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r, j, v, y, w, z, qu, x, sh, th, ch ng and nk)
Splat the Letter-
- Write out the letters for the sounds your child has been practising on pieces of paper and spread them out on the floor. Take it in turns to shout out a sound and both players have to try and splat the sound with their hand
- Generate your own subtraction number stories. Use real life objects at home to show this e.g. ‘I have 4 bananas. I eat one. How many are left?
- practice reading the tricky words: into, he, she, me, we, be, my, all, her. Look at newspapers, magazines or leaflets together and circle these words with a felt tip pen or highlighter.
- Help your child create a new school menu? How can they make sure the menu offers healthy choices?
- Find or draw pictures of the food items. Have they included all of the food groups in each meal?