Good morning nursery,
I hope you have had lots of fun in the sun and have been enjoying spending time with your family.
Have a go at today's new tasks below
Miss Price x
*Don't forget to share any of the work you have been doing on our school twitter page on https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see*
Practise saying and writing the sounds that you have looked at this week (m,a,s,d, t & i)
Watch the following short videos all about the 'n' and 'p' sounds:
- Practise saying and writing these sounds
- Go on a scavenger hunt around your house to find things that begin with these sounds e.g,. newspaper, necklace, pencil, paper, plant. Take a picture of the things you find or draw these items.
Move the teddy
For this activity you will only need a teddy and a chair.
- Place the chair in front of you and your child and give your child the teddy. Using positional language give your child instructions to place the teddy on or around the chair such as, can you put the teddy behind the chair? Can you put the teddy on top of the chair? Can you put the teddy under the chair?
- Challenge your child to give you instructions to place the teddy.
Physical Development- Fine Motor Skills
Learning how to use scissors plays an important part in developing children’s fine motor skills, these skills are a very important part of early writing.
- Get a piece of paper and draw simple patterns such as wiggles, zig zags and a straight line like the image below.
- Show your child how to hold the scissors correctly and use them safely, pointing them away from themselves. Encourage your child to practice cutting along the lines.