Ancient Greek theatres
Watch the video below about Ancient Greek theatres, then have a go at answering the following questions.
- Who was the most successful Athenian playwright?
- What were the 3 types of Greek play?
- Name 2 ways in which an audience could make a play a success.
- What did the audience do if they thought the play was a failure?
- Were women allowed to act in the theatres?
- How did the actors change their appearance during the plays?
- What happened if the audience became too loud/rowdy?
- What was the role of the chorus?