Good morning nursery children!
I hope you’re all well and have had a lovely weekend.
If you have a go at today's tasks, don't forget to share what you have been doing on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l & hr)
- Watch the following short videos all about the 'r' and 'j' sounds:
- Practise saying and writing these sounds
- Go on a scavenger hunt around your house to find things/places that begin with these sounds e.g, rainbow, ribbon , jumper, jam etc. Take a picture of the things you find or draw these items.
- Practise counting on from any given number. Try to create rhythmic patterns: e,g 4,5,6,7 ... 2,3,4,5... 8,9,10...
- Play this online adding machine game, adding up the animals and objects:
- Read stories written by the famous author, Julia Donaldson, if you have them at home. You can also watch some of them if you click on the following links:
Visit ‘The Gruffalo’ website
- Listen to the Gruffalo song, learn the ‘Monkey Puzzle’ song in makaton and dance along to the ‘Gruffalo’s Child’ song. There are also some great interactive games in the play and explore area. Colour your own Gruffalo using the paint game, create your own monster on monster maker and much more.