I hope you had a lovely weekend and managed to get out and enjoy some fresh air in the sun.
Have a go at today's activities below.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r, j, v, y, w, z, qu, x, sh, th)
- Watch the following short video all about the 'ch' sound:
- Practise saying and writing this new sound
- Go on a scavenger hunt around your house to find things that begin with 'ch' e.g, chair, chocolate, cheese etc. Take a picture of the things you find or draw these items
- Take your child on a shape hunt. Look around the house and garden for different objects that have: 2D shapes – circle, square, triangle, rectangle (oblong)
- Read together the story of Mr Big at: https://safeyoutube.net/w/fkX5.
- Discuss with your child how Mr Big felt when the other animals didn’t want to be around him.
Expressive Arts and Design
- Using pots, pans and baking trays from the kitchen lay out your own ‘drum kit’. Allow your child to explore by banging and tapping the pans to see the different sounds they make.
- Extend this activity by tapping out a rhythm and asking your child to listen to it then repeat it. You could make this more difficult by adding in a blindfold so they have to rely on the sound to identify which pot or pan they need to hit to copy.