Hello nursery children!
I hope you have had a good weekend. Here are today's activities to keep you busy.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing some of the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r, j, v, y, w, z, qu, x, sh, th, ch ng and nk)
- Give your child a small cup. Using different sized spoons fill the cup with water. How many small spoons will it take to fill the cup? How many large spoons?
- Sing the nursery rhyme ‘Wheels on the Bus’ with your child. Can they add verses about different modes of transport? What sounds and actions do other kinds of transport make?
- Follow the story The Bus is for Us with your child here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zvyc7nb/articles/z7mxbdm
- Ask them to recall and (with support) draw and label the different types of transport mentioned in the story.
Expressive Arts and Design
Make Paper Planes
- Make paper airplanes using this guide: https://www.foldnfly.com/0.html#The-Basic.
- Ask your child/ children to come up with a name for their airplane and write this on the side. Have a competition to see whose airplane will fly the furthest/ highest. You could ask them to create a certificate for the winner.