Good morning everyone. Hope you had a lovely weekend in the sun.
Have a go at today's learning activities below.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing some of the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r, j, v, y, w, z, qu, x, sh, th, ch ng and nk)
This week’s other learning focuses on supporting your child with transitioning to their new class or looking towards returning to nursery in September. It will give them the opportunity to reflect on their time in nursery, discussing their favourite memories and achievements whilst also considering their hopes and dreams for the next academic year.
- Whilst in Nursery, your child will have created many school memories that they will cherish forever. Capture these memories in a fun way by asking your child to create a drawing or painting that illustrates their favourite school memory. This could be of a memorable lesson, an activity they enjoyed or a game they played with friends. If your child has more than one favourite memory, they could create multiple art pieces and put these together to create a collage
We all love rainbows! Make your own salt- dough rainbow.
- Explain to children that we need to use certain ingredients and follow instructions below.
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of salt
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Once combined, knead with hands until mixture is smooth.
- Mould and shape into up to 8 sausage shapes which you can then add together in an arch to make your rainbow.
- Once complete, bake in oven at 180 degrees celsius until dough hardens.
- Paint or colour in with felt-tips.