Our current topic is Ancient Greece. For today's art I would like you to design your own Greek plate. There are some pictures below to give you some ideas, or you can make up your own design.
Once you have designed your plate, you could ask an adult to help you make salt dough, use this to create the shape of your plate and once it has dried you can paint it! Alternatively, you could use a paper plate and cut up pieces of paper to create a mosaic effect.
How to make salt dough:
1 cupful of plain flour (about 250g)
1. Preheat the oven to its lowest setting and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the water and stir until it comes together into a ball.
3. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and shape into your chosen model.
4. Put your finished items on the lined baking sheet and bake for 3 hrs or until solid.
5. Leave to cool and then paint.