Good morning everyone.
Have a go at today's learning activities below.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing some of the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r, j, v, y, w, z, qu, x, sh, th, ch ng and nk)
- Task your child with finding foods in the fridge/cupboard that begin with these sounds: b, s, m, a, p & c. Can they find more than one?
- If you have some, explore weighing and measuring food on the kitchen scales. Ask your child to observe and talk about what happens as you place more on the scales.
- Listen to the story 'Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose' by Julia Donaldson by clicking on the picture below:
- Talk about the rhyming words on each page e.g moose & goose, cloth & moth etc
- Ask your child to think about their own favourite meal. They could draw out the ingredients and label them and draw the finished meal. Eg, ham, egg and chips.
- Stretch and relax with some child-friendly food themed yoga by clicking on the picture below: