Good morning nursery children!
I hope you are staying safe and well and that you were able to have a go at yesterday's activities.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r & j)
- Watch the following short videos all about the 'v' and 'y' sounds:
- Practise saying and writing these sounds
- Go on a scavenger hunt around your house to find things/places/colours that begin with these sounds e.g, vest, vase, yellow etc. Take a picture of the things you find or draw these items.
- Ask your child to draw a picture of their favourite character from the Gruffalo/Room on the Broom. Can they write words/sentences to describe their character, i.e. furry, knobbly knees, pointy chin, whiskers etc.
Expressive Arts & Design
- Make your Favourite Characters- Make a puppet of a famous story character. Use a kitchen roll tube,lolly stick etc and draw, colour and stick other bits of material onto it to make your own character puppet.
- This can be a character from the Gruffalo/Room on the Broom or a character from another story written by a different famous author.