Happy Tuesday nursery children!
I hope you are all doing well. Here are today's activities to help keep you busy.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing some of the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r, j, v, y, w, z, qu, x, sh, th, ch ng and nk)
- Look at the 'What Rhymes With What' presentation game at the bottom of this page. Can you find the rhyming pairs?
Communication & Language
- Tell your child that they’re going on an imaginary journey. What do they need to take? Play the memory game - ‘I packed my bag and in it I put a…’ Take it in turns and keep adding to the list. Each time repeat the whole list.
- Talk about the vehicles we see on the road and ways to stay safe
- Your child can make their own road safety poster - Stop, Look, Listen.
- Play the traffic light game- Ask your child to help create a set of traffic lights. This could be as detailed or simple as you like. Ask your child to run around the garden/ outdoor space. When you point to a colour on the traffic light they have to do the following: ○ Red- Stop or freeze where they are ○ Orange- Walk slowly ○ Green- Run You can extend this by adding in different colours or actions e.g. when you bounce a ball on the ground, they have to jump up and down.