Good morning everyone.
Please find today's learning activities below.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing some of the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r, j, v, y, w, z, qu, x, sh, th, ch ng and nk)
Phonics/Speaking and Listening
Play ‘What am I?’
- Describe food types to your child and they have to guess what food you are describing e.g. I am yellow. I am a fruit. I begin with the sound ‘b’. I can be peeled.
Describing and Sorting into Sets
- Put out a selection of toys/objects you have at home that are similar, e.g. cars, pens and pencils, pieces of fruit, pebbles etc. Thinking about what is the same and what is different, can your child sort them into 2 groups? Ask your child if the objects can be sorted into 2 groups in a different way.
- CHALLENGE: If your child can sort them into 2 groups, can they try and sort them into three groups?
- Listen to the story ‘Oliver’s Vegetables’ here. Talk to your child about their favourite foods. Which foods would they like to try that they haven’t tried yet? Can they draw or write the name of these foods?
Expressive Arts and Design
- Using a potato, support your child to print and explore the shapes and patterns they can create by printing. Can they make a repeated pattern using two colours? Vegetables such as carrots and peppers will also work for this activity.