Good morning children!
I hope you are having a good week. Have a go at today's activities below. Don't forget to get outside for some fresh air and exercise too if you can.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r, j, v & y)
- Watch the following short videos all about the 'w' and 'z' sounds:
- Practise saying and writing these sounds
- Go on a scavenger hunt around your house to find things/places/colours that begin with these sounds e.g, window, white, zip, zebra etc. Take a picture of the things you find or draw these items.
- Adding numbers: Watch Numberblocks (clip 1) to support with adding : https://safeyoutube.net/w/auV5
- Generate your own addition number stories: First, there are 3 people on the bus. Then, 2 more people get on the bus. How many people are on the bus? Now there are 5 people on the bus.
Writing/Speaking and Listening
- Can your child make a wanted poster for the Gruffalo or the dragon from Room on the Broom. Can they draw a picture of the Gruffalo/dragon? Can they describe what they look like/what their character is like?
- The Gruffalo features a snake. Ask your adult to search for 'snake' on google.
- Play the game by using the arrows on the keyboard to move the snake around - count how many apples you can collect. Or, play a family game of Snakes and Ladders.