Hope you have a lovely day and can have go at today's activities below.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r, j, v, y, w, z, qu, x, sh, th, ch & ng)
- Watch the following short video all about the 'nk' sound:
- Practise saying and writing this new sound
- It may be a bit tricky to find objects around the house that have the 'nk' sound so just have a chat about some words that you can think of e.g, pink, think, link, sink.
- Can your child draw around objects to create 2D shapes? Ask your child to name the shapes they have drawn.
- Can they cut the shapes out to make a 2D shape picture i.e. a house, rocket, robot?
Communication and Language/Phonics
- Write an invitation to your own Family Music Show for your family members. Maybe other family members that don't live with you could watch the show on a video call.
A Family Music Show
● Ask each member of the family to prepare a song and then put on a singing performance. You could select someone to be the judge or ask other family members to watch on a video call and decide on the winner. Don’t forget to send the invite first (see writing task above).