Good morning nursery children.
Please find today's learning activities below.
If you do any of today's tasks, don't forget to share it on our Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ and tag @StMariesKirkby so I can see!
Mrs Wignall x
- Practise saying and writing some of the sounds that we have already looked at (m,a,s,d, t, i, n, p, g, o, c, k, u, b, f, e, l, h, r, j, v, y, w, z, qu, x, sh, th, ch ng and nk)
- Pour flour, rice or lentils into a shallow tray or plate. Show your child a letter/sound or tricky word and ask them to ‘write it’ in the food using their finger.
Describing and Sorting into Sets
- Use objects that are similar to each other (e.g. cars, pens and pencils, pieces of fruit, pebbles etc) and sort them into groups yourself. Then, show your child the groups you have sorted them into. Can they decide how the objects have been sorted?
- Look at recipe books, a food magazine or online recipes together. Show your child how each recipe tells you what ingredients you need first. Is there a recipe that you could follow together?
- Can your child complete these sentences or adult scribe for them while they draw a picture of the food:
My favourite food is…I like this because...Your child can repeat this activity for other family members.
- Using toy food or old packaging, set up a food shop for your child to act out being the shopkeeper and customer. You could introduce coins to support their developing knowledge of money. Give them a notepad to use as a shopping list to encourage in the moment writing. This is a great opportunity to practise your child’s speaking and listening skills too.