Teaching for Mastery
To develop mastery in maths, children need to be enabled to acquire a deep understanding of maths concepts, structures and procedures, step by step. Complex mathematical concepts are built on simpler conceptual components and when children understand every step in the learning sequence, maths becomes transparent and makes logical sense.
Why Power Maths?
- Builds every concept in small, progressive steps.
- Is built with interactive, whole-class teaching in mind.
- Provides the tools needed to develop growth mindsets.
- Helps to check understanding and ensure that every child is keeping up.
- Establishes core elements such as intelligent practice and reflection.